Locations: New York
Great technology is fundamental to the success of Mind Gym and our IT team delivers it all; from line of business systems that make us more efficient, faster or more profitable to client facing products we sell as a service.
This role will be fundamental to our continued growth in the US acting as the point of contact for all IT requests in the Manhattan office. We are looking for someone with strong IT skills; but more so, the attitude and spirit to serve others for the greater good of the business.
If this sound like something you would be great at, we would love to hear from you.
- Expertise in Microsoft products, including Windows, Windows Server, and Office
- Experience working in Active Directory and Group Policy
- 1-2 Years of experience working in a help desk situation
- Understanding of networking concepts, including LAN/WAN topology, Business class Firewalls, routing, and VPNs
- Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting outlook and email issues
- Customer Centric
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Excellent time management; (i.e. ability to prioritize tickets and complete research on time)
- Ability to work independently, as the IT team is based in the UK office
- Expert technical knowledge of MS Office, Windows 7/8/10, workstation and thin client hardware
What’s the job?
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming service requests from users facing problems with hardware, software, networking, telecommunications and other computer-related technologies
- Maintain the overall desktop environment, including hardware installation and troubleshooting, software installation, configuration and support.
- Diagnose and perform routine repairs or arrange for vendor repair, as appropriate for a wide range of PC/Windows and Macintosh hardware, software and network issues
- Perform local and network installations of software and help users access and use this software
- Facilitate hardware, software, and network set up for new employees /users
- Maintain detailed trouble tickets, escalating issues accordingly and keeping constant channel of communication open with customer during escalation.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for all user support requests.
- Investigate/research alternative solution across both hardware and software, make recommendations, and prepare implementation plans for computer hardware/software
- Maintain an accurate inventory of technology assets assigned to users, including entering new assets into the inventory management database, tracking asset deployments and dispositions and yearly inventory tracking
- Route calls to other support personnel as needed to address and resolve user requests
- Manage local IT providers
If this role sounds like something you’d be great at, we’d love to hear from you.